Sixteen-year-old Dani is convinced she has nine lives. As a child she twice walked away from situations where she should have died. But Dani’s twin, Jena, isn’t so lucky. She has cancer and might not even be able to keep her one life. Dani’s father is in denial. Her mother is trying to hold it together and prove everything’s normal. And Jena is wasting away.
To cope, Dani sets out to rid herself of all her extra lives. Maybe they’ll be released into the universe and someone who wants to live more than she does will get one. Someone like Jena. But just when Dani finds herself at the breaking point, she’s faced with a startling realization. Maybe she doesn’t have nine lives after all. Maybe she really only ever had one.
Since Dani believes she has nine lives, each blog on the tour will talk about one of nine things that you will love about this book. I'm very pleased to feature number three of the Nine Things You'll Love about All These Lives....and number three is Jack Penner.
In the book, Dani has a friend named Jack Penner. Even his name is pretty hot right? hehe. Here are nine things you'll love about Jack. (Because everyone loves a hot boy.)
- Jack Penner is surprising. Contrary to how "quarterback" his name sounds, he does not play football. He is not popular. He is not anything except himself. I like that.
- Jack says great lines like "A bag of chips? Really? Of all the things to come between us..." which make me chuckle to myself. And fangirl a little.
- Jack's mom irons his jeans, which are just a little too short for him.
- Jack is miserable at video games. BUT you would totally want to be lost in the woods with him, because he doesn't need matches to start a fire. hehehe
- He knows Spanish (at least, when he's not writing notes to Dani in the margin of his notebook!) And he's a great partner to have for a math project when you just don't feel like doing it.
- He wears Star Wars socks. Which, I completely LOVE about him. This is when he stole my heart.
- He thinks flirting is when Dani calls him "hot stuff" and "sweet thang" and Dani does it to make him uncomfortable. It's adorable too.
- He saves girls who make bad decisions so they don't make worse ones.
- He likes libraries. :) *winkwink*
There's more to love about Jack Penner and All These Lives!! Check out some of the other things to love about this book by going to these blogs!
5/21 – Books Complete Me
5/22 – A Good Addiction
5/23 – Reading Lark
5/24 – Frenzy of Noise (You are here now!)
5/25 – I Am a Reader Not a Writer
5/28 – The Story Siren
5/29 – Once Upon a Twilight
5/30 – Books With Bite
5/31 – Supernatural Snark
6/1 – Portrait of a Book
And there's an awesome giveaway where you can win a signed copy of ALL THESE LIVES, 3 bookmarks for ATL and your choice of ANY 3 Apocalypsies books! That's awesome. All you need to do to enter is fill out the info over on SARAH'S BLOG. Giveaway ends at 11:00 pm EST on June 8, 2012. Good luck.
Go discover what to love about All These Lives. And don't miss adorable Jack Penner!