11.07.2011

Eve by Anna Carey



Publisher: Harper
Date:
October 2011
Series or Standalone:
Series (book #1)
ISBN:
0062048503
Format:
Hardcover, 318 pages
Source:
ARC
Cover thoughts:
It is very pretty

Rating: A
First line:
By the time the sun set over the fifty-foot perimeter wall, the School lawn was covered with twelfth-year students.


Image by FlamingText.com

I was excited to get Eve because I have heard nothing but good things about it. When I was done reading it I had nothing but good things to say about it as well. It was a great read.

the night before Eve's graduation she learns what really happens when the girls graduate and the horrible fate that awaits her. Eve runs away from the school, into the wild, which she has only ever heard about. Eve meets Caleb, a boy living in the wild. Eve was always taught that she couldn't trust men, but Caleb slowly wins her trust and her love. When soldiers begin hunting Eve she must choose between her love for Caleb or her life.

One of my favorite things about the book was definitely the setting, it kind of reminded me of like a zombie movie, with everything some what destroyed, not many people around, and the people that were alive were hiding. Eve didn't know what most of the stuff was that she was finding, it was the stuff she had read about. It was kind of weird to see things that we see everyday, destroyed. I remember Eve seeing a Wal Mart and it being like a quarantined area.

I loved Caleb, he was just so cute and friendly and he risked his life to help Eve, he is a good guy. I also knew he wouldn't hurt Eve, unlike some of the other men out in the wild. And even when Eve hurt him, he still went out of his way to save her. He was selfless.

Eve is a fast paced, amazing read, that will keep you reading until you reach the last page, then want the next book because it ends on a huge cliffhanger.



Get more info:
Goodreads ||| Amazon ||| IndieBound ||| Book Depository |||| Barnes & Noble
The author on the web:

Website ||| Twitter


1 comment:

  1. I'm regretting not requesting this from Netgalley .I've heard so many great things about it! Who knows if I actually might tackle my TBR pile by the end of the year I'll buy this one!

    OR...

    Maybe I'll wait till the next book comes out(*just noticed that you said cliffhanger*)

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!! I appreciate you stopping by! :)