10.07.2011

Three Quarters Dead by Richard Peck



Publisher: Penguin
Date:
October 2010
Series or Standalone:
standalone
ISBN:
0803734549
Format:
Hardcover, 208 pages
Source:
For Review
Cover thoughts:
I love the purple on the cover, it's pretty.

Rating: C
First line:
You wait forever to get to high school.

Image by FlamingText.com

When Kerry is noticed by the three most popular girls at school she thinks her life is finally starting. She is sitting at the right table and is in on all the jokes. And she would do anything to keep it that way. But how far would she go? And when being part of the group starts to feel worse than anything else, what will she do about it?

Kerry is one of those girls that would do anything to have the popular friends. It didn't matter that they wanted her to do their dirty work and weren't very nice to her anyway. But Kerry was happy with them. I would never let my "friends" treat me that way, even if it meant being popular.

And her "friends" were cruel and arrogant, they looked down upon almost everyone, they were fake. They were spoiled little brats that expected every thing, but didn't give anything in return. They talked badly about others and did horrible things to people just to make them feel bad.

This book had a quality I did like--the unexpected. I seriously did not see the story going in the direction it did, the story was much more interesting because of it. It also made me want to keep reading. It also made me guess what was going to happen next, and I was completely wrong. At parts I was even questioning Kerry's sanity, like what she was doing and seeing and why wasn't she questioning everything that is going on. This was probably my favorite part of the book.

Overall Three Quarters Dead was a fast and surprising read!


Get more info:
Goodreads ||| Amazon ||| IndieBound ||| Book Depository |||| Barnes & Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!! I appreciate you stopping by! :)