9.20.2011

Reasons To Be Happy Review


Publisher: Sourcebooks, incorporated
Date: October 1, 2011  
Standalone or series: standalone
 ISBN:1402260202
Format: Print, 224 pages  
Cover thoughts: Love the cover, it really makes me want to smile.


 Rating:  B +   
First line: Reasons to Be Happy: 1. Swimming with dolphins 2. Outrunning forest fire 3. A hot air balloon ride



Reasons to by Happy:

  1. cat purr vibrating through your skin
  2. jumping on a trampoline in the rain
  3. raw cookie dough
  4. getting yourself all freaked out after a scary movie
  5. dancing like an idiot when no one is watching

What happened to the girl who wrote those things? I miss that girl. She use to be bold and fun. Now she’s a big chicken loser.
How could so much change so fast?
Let’s see, you could be the plain jane daughter of two gorgeous famous people; move to a new school’ have no real friends; your mom could get sick’ and oh yeah, you could have the most embarrassing secrete in the world. Yup, that about does it.
So the real question is how do I get that girl back?”
Image by FlamingText.com
Reasons to be happy is an interesting story that just makes me want to smile while I read it. This is one of those books that makes me look at my life differently. 
Hannah, the main character, is telling you a story of her struggle with bulimia after her mother’s death of cancer. Through the book you start to gain a sort of friendship with Hannah and her family. I love that Hannah doesn’t seem like a hollywood starlet like you’d think, it’s like she’s an actual person. She seems to give you all the little details of her struggle with self image problems that I know I’ve felt before myself. 
I also love how the story seems to take a turn when Hannah takes an adventure with her aunt. She learns the true meaning of beauty and the importance of real friends. 
Over all the book was really inspirational while fun to read. I think it’s a wonderful read for anyone, especially those struggling with self image. I would recommend this book for the junior high and upper elementary age because it’s a relatable story that could help a lot of girls as they move up into high school. 
Be sure to check out Katrina Kittle’s Reasons to be Happy the first of October.


 Get more info/pre-order: Goodreads ||| Amazon ||| Book Depository |||| Barnes & Noble The author on the web: Blog ||| Website ||| Twitter ||| 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!! I appreciate you stopping by! :)