7.14.2011

An Ending. A Beginning. Some Things In-between.

An ending. 

The biggest and most important event in history is happening tonight at midnight.  At least, in literary and movie history.


I can't even handle it. I will cry and I just know it. I'm so nervous, so excited. It's bittersweet to see the end of an era. For some, it's been 13 years from book 1 to this movie.  I'm not even sure how to handle that.

I will always have this amazingly special place in my heart for these three children:


And these three gorgeous adults they turned into. (Sometimes British people age well and beautiful.)


If you are going at midnight, here's a hug from me and a box of tissues. It's going to be emotional. I can't believe the end has come! AHHH. Come back here after you watch it and let me know what you thought.

A beginning.


Have you heard of this little book called Shatter Me? If not let me inform you. Here's the description:

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.




Sound awesome? IT IS. It's so completely flooring. Well, the cover was revealed today at Hollywood Crush. It too is just GORGEOUS. I imagined the cover in my head and I never imagined this because it's that good. See? I will wait while you swoon.




Seriously. It's fantastic. I'm sure I'll be talking about it A LOT between now and when it releases in November. Taherah Mafi is uber-talented and so so so sweet. And the best part? You can pre-order it now on Amazon | Indie Bound || Book Depository || B&N
Some Things In-between.

1) I just read this book for grad school. And it was FANTASTIC. Just wait, yall. Just. Wait.


2)  I am currently drowning in life. Seriously loves. Writing, homework, apartment searching, planning, sleeping, working--ah! It's so much right now. I feel like I'm neglecting you and I am so sorry.  I will return next week with fun/highly-anticipated book reviews, a giveaway and an open call for awesome. What's that mean? Just wait and see.

3) Enjoy HPDH part 2.

4) Go say hi to Taherah Mafi. She's so awesome and she will say funny things on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!! I appreciate you stopping by! :)