7.22.2011

Open Call to Someone Awesome

Are you a lover of YA books??

Do you want a place to talk about them??

Do you follow this blog??

Are you someone who has initiative and takes the lead?

If I asked you random questions could you answer them without being nervous? Do you KNOW how random my questions can be??

Do you like the word "awesome" and know what someone means when they mention the TARDIS? 

If you answered YES to these questions (the TARDIS one aside) then you might be the someone awesome I am looking for. In which case I urge you to keep reading! 
If not....well, you can keep reading too. 

Okay. So here's the deal. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to share this in such a public way, but here we are. This is a big step for me, it's something I don't like to do a lot (or ever if I can avoid it) but I know I must. Here goes.

I need some help around here.

This is an idea I've been toying with for a while. I love this blog. If you read it all I think I've said that a thousand times. I would love to share some of the joy I've had from it with someone else. So, I've been thinking for a while. And now that grad school has started up, the YASpooktacular is approaching and a sekrit project is happening (not to mention my job, my house and my novel) it's become one I need to act on. Plus, I was bed-ridden all week with some weird summer plague and it put me behind. There are a million reasons. The main one is none of those though...

I need help. Do you want to help?

All those questions I asked you up there--I meant them. If someone out there reading this wants to talk with me about helping run this blog--EVEN if it's just until Christmas!--I would love to talk with you. I have stipulations. (Of course I do, I'm a lister.) It's a short list.

This can't be about getting ARCs. Quite simply, I don't have them to give to you. I have some that I got at BEA but they aren't coming to my doorstep or anything. Don't expect that. That's not why I blog and it certainly can't be why you blog.

This must about your love of books. That's pretty simple. If you love books--if you can talk about them (and their authors and readers) in a respectful way, then that is awesome. This blog. This entire community is about connecting. If you want to be part of it, then I want you here. If you love this blog and want to step up, then I want you here. It's a passion thing. I'm all about passion.

Now it's up to you. I was going to do a fancy form and all, but I'm not. If you are interested in helping out for a few months (or maybe forever!) then EMAIL ME. That's all I need right now.

If no one does, then don't worry lovelies. Frenzy of Noise is not going anywhere. I'm just deciding to extend my hand to someone else. Because who knows, maybe there's someone out there who wants to blog and doesn't know where to start. Or maybe there's someone who's never thought it before. There could be a whole lot of someones out there who are reading this and never even really thought about it. Well, here's a chance. THIS is the main reason I'm asking.

Email me. It's not a commitment from you--it's merely a conversation. If you can be sure of nothing else be sure of this: it will be a fun one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!! I appreciate you stopping by! :)