1.01.2011

Thanks 2010 Sincerely, Lani Woodland

Thanks 2010 Sincerely Me is a daily segment running on my blog until New Year's, in which some of authors/bloggers will write letters to 2010.



Dear 2010,

It’s weird to see you coming to end. I’m always looking forward to the next year and its possibilities but it’s sad to see the old one end. It means that while my kids will continue to learn and grow, and we’ll have new adventures together, that my kids are getting older and I’ll never have them the way they are now again. As I’ve gotten older and realize that things change I’ve come to appreciate the melancholy you can have when a fantastic moment has just happened and knowing it’ll never happen exactly like that again. So I’m experiencing this as the year is drawing to a close.

But 2010, even with all the trials and sad moments that happened this year, you were fantastic. You brought about a dream of mine. My first novel, Intrinsical, was published! That included all the excitement, joy and nerves that come with it. You also introduced me to the new hardship, the one of writing a sequel. I’ve laughed, cried, screamed for joy and had moments of sadness through you 2010 but I’m glad I was able to have you in my life. I’m looking forward to 2011 but I will miss you!

Sincerely, 
Me



Lani Woodland is the author of INTRISICAL, which was released in August with Pendrell Publishing.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!! I appreciate you stopping by! :)